European cities in general continue to have high standards of living, because they enjoy advanced and modern city infrastructures combined with high-class medical, recreational and leisure facilities.(Slagin Parakatil, Senior Researcher at Mercer)
Lonely Planet Vienna (City Travel Guide)
There are many reasons why Vienna fares so well in such objective and subjective evaluations. Therefore, the following list is not exhaustive.
- Vienna - city of culture: numerous activities in the area of theatre, music, art exhibitions, public readings, museums and operas that cater to all tastes!
- Imperial Vienna: Imperial buildings like Hofburg, Schönbrunn Palace, Belvedere Palace, the splendid buildings of the Ring Boulevard, the medieval narrow streets and the baroque squares that shape the city's image.
- A safe city with an excellent public transport network of underground trains, trams and buses
- Well-organised public services, a clean environment and excellent transport options.
- Educational facilities are efficient and available to all.
- Good price level: excellent value for money.
- Moderate and mild climate. Average summer temperatures 20°C to 30°C, average winter temperatures around 0°C.
Well, indeed, life is good in Vienna :)
Vienna. A Guide to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
Mercer.com: Quality of Living Report 2011